Red berries Ocoa 70% Panna Cotta
Ok, so in the previous blog post we discussed Iota and Kappa as possible alternatives to gelatine. I thought it would only be fair to share a recipe to go with it!
You will possibly see some more ingredients you are not very familiar with, not to worry I will cover those in future blog posts!
In this recipe I’m using Cacao Barry ‘s Ocoa which is part of the purity range, it works well in this dessert because of its fruity & mildly sour notes. I also like to work with the purity range as they are fully sustainable chocolates, something Cacao Barry is trying to become across the board by 2025.
Ocoa 70% Panna Cotta
Almond milk 520g
Ocoa 70% 240g
Cane sugar 70g
Vanilla 1 pod
ProPannacotta (Iota) 1.6g
- Heat almond milk, sugar and vanilla pod to 40 degrees C.
- Add the Iota and mix well using a stick blender.
- Bring to boiling point.
- Emulsify with the chocolate and immediately pour into the desired mould.
Potato whip 6g
Icing sugar 100g
Raspberry compound 30g
- Blend potato whip with the 200g water and whip
- Combine 75g water, trehalose and sugar in a pot and boil.
- Add icing sugar slowly to the whipping meringue.
- When the sugar and trehalose reach 115 degrees C. slowly add to the whipping meringue.
- Let the meringue whip until cool, add the raspberry compound.
- Pipe or spread the meringue as desired and dehydrate in a dehydrator for 5 – 6 hrs.
Raspberry puree 500g
Sorbet stabiliser 5g
Lemon juice 25g
- Heat water to 40 degrees C.
- Add dry Ingredients and mix well.
- Heat mixture to 75 degrees C.
- Leave to cool fast and mix with the raspberry puree and lemon juice.
Raspberry puree 150g
Lime juice 50g
Sugar syrup 50g
Gelcrem cold (potato starch) 14g
- Mix purees and syrup together and slowly add the gelcrem cold while using the handblender.
- Blend for 3 minutes.
- Store in the fridge and blend again before plating.
70% chocolate snow
Ocoa 70% chocolate 100g
Maltosec (Tapioca Starch) 40g
Vanilla seeds 1 pod
- Mix the ingredients together until snowy texture is achieved.
- Store in an airtight and dry container.
*Decorate plate with fresh berries, a chocolate decor and micro herbs.
Did you try this recipe? let me know your thoughts! [/av_textblock]